Utility Project Coordinator
Key Position Objectives: Project Coordination
- Initiate projects and work with the Utility Account Executive to disseminate information
- Understand project scope and contract information
- Help to establish timelines and ensure they are met
- Assess projects for risks and work with GPS Manager determine resolution
- Communicate with Clients daily
- Provide weekly project summaries
- Report WIP percentages accurately
- Ensure deliveries are accurate and meet quality
- Maintain a geospatial database to track and manage project milestones
- Handling multiple projects simultaneously is a requirement
- Close projects and handle invoices
- Assist Utility Account Executive with the advancement of the Utility Portfolio
- Provide Utility expertise to support the Research and Development team
- Present at and/or attend remote sensing related conferences
Processing and Quality Control
- Making a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Conducting a final quality check on collected data and the final products
- Carefully packaging all project deliverables, checking to confirm that all project requirements have been met.
- Organize an archiving scheme in order to be able to respond quickly to customer's special request or corrections.
- In the initial and final processing steps of larger projects, ensuring that a rigorous naming and cataloguing convention is kept.
- Coordinate timely completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- Developing Metadata files
Training and Mentoring
- Ensuring project team members are adequately trained to complete tasks successfully
- Ensuring subcontractors are provided adequate best practices and training to complete tasks successfully
- Regularly updating best practice documents and manuals.
- Making process improvement suggestions.
- Other duties as required.
The Utility Project Coordinator will report to the Project Manager and will collaborate with the following people/teams:
- Utility Account Executive: Ensure project compliance and that delivery dates are understood and feasible.
- GPS Team: Coordinate, delegate and support as required to meet customer and project delivery requirements.
- R&D and Ops Team: Gather and provide input on new services and solutions as appropriate.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
Must have successfully completed a program in Remote Sensing from a recognized post-secondary institution and have a minimum of two years’ experience in the industry. Experience working in ArcGIS and a strong working knowledge of remote sensing applications and products is valuable. Equivalent education and experience will be considered. Additional assets include:
- Experience working with PLS-CADD products
- Experience working in R/Python
- Possesses a strong work ethic, is dependable and responsible, with the ability to be prompt and on time on a consistent basis.
- Is a self-starter who demonstrates the willingness to go the extra mile to meet individual or company objectives.
- Committed to ongoing professional development and learning, taking the initiative to attend training and upgrade personal knowledge and skills.
- Is a positive and constructive team player, willingly assisting fellow team members and sharing knowledge.
- Demonstrates a helpful and positive approach to all business dealings with clients and colleagues and strives for a win-win situation at all times.
- Ability to remain calm and under pressure; deals well with stress.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to change are also required.
- Willingly takes on responsibility for tasks assigned, ensuring they are completed thoroughly and accurately, without having to be reminded.
- Actively participates and offers constructive suggestions that contribute to the success of the company.
- Understands how their actions affect business results and is committed and loyal to the business.